I am a Kenyan Digital Communications Scientist & Blogger, 2016 BAKE County News Blogger of The Year Award Nominee, Linguist, Columnist and Political Analyst.
I always deliver the best digital strategy which includes but not limited to:
1. Creation, development and management of social media platforms e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Telegram, etc.
2. Social media campaigns. e.g. online brand activation and promotion.
3. Creation, development and management of blogs.
3. Content creation for blogs & websites.
Some of my past and current engagements include:
1. Head of Occasional Writing and Messaging for Team Uhuru.
2. Founder, Chair and CEO of The Chronicles.
3. Digital Communications Strategist for The Presidency, Government of Kenya.
4. Former Director of Communications, The National Alliance Party (TNA) Youth Caucus.
5. Digital Communications Consultant for several government, NGO and cooporate projects.
6. Columnist and writer of several op-ed articles published by The People Daily, The Star, The Standard and Daily Nation newspapers.
5. Managing Editor, www.county-yangu.com; Kenya’s top county news blog.
6. Founder and Blogger-In-Chief, www.alvankinyua.com; Kenya’s home of objective opinion and in-depth analysis.
I am on;
Twitter as @kinyua_alvan,
Facebook account as Alvan Kinyua,
Facebook page as Alvan Kinyua,
Instagram as kinyuaalvan,
Telegram as Alvan Kinyua &
LinkedIn as Alvan Kinyua.
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call, text or WhatsApp me via my hotline number +254720685844.
I was born and brought up in Difathas, Kirinyaga County – a small sleeping village in one of the many forgotten corners of our republic – as Kenya’s multiparty democracy frenzy of early 90s gained momentum.
A progressive democrat, I believe that Africa’s problems can best be tackled using African solutions.
To me, a good government is one which strives at all times to ensure it avails to its citizens, the best opportunity to attain their full potential.
Kenya is my country and motherland whose sovereignty I am always ready to defend; even if it is by paying the ultimate price.
I am never afraid of constructively criticizing any idea that does not resonate with my school of thought.
I admire Nelson Mandela as an icon of freedom, Fidel Castro for selflessly championing a noble cause whose results will be felt for generations to come, Kwame Nkrumah for his visionary Pan-Africanism ideas, Barack Obama for his exceptional ability to inspire hope even in times of adversity and Mwai Kibaki who stands out as the best example of what a combination of intelligence, hard work, resilience and fortune can bring forth.
I am an avid reader who devours all legible literature. Even in the most boring book is a good idea tucked somewhere between the pages. There is power in information.
The two most educative pieces of literature I have ever come across are: the Desiderata, a 1927 prose poem by American writer Max Ehrmann and the Book of Ecclesiastes found in the Holy Bible.
The views expressed on www.alvankinyua.com are purely my own and do not by any means represent the official position of any organization in which I may be serving at any particular time.
Kenya ni Mimi, Kenya ni Wewe, Kenya ni Sisi. Mkenya Daima.
The State of The Nation is Strong.
“I was not born with a hunger to be free. I was born free-free in every way that I could know. Free to run in the fields near my mother’s hut, free to swim in the clear stream that ran through my village, free to roast mealies under stars and ride the broad backs of slow moving bulls” – Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom.